Monday 8 March 2010

Oscar Winners - The Wild Bore's Amazing Results!

The Wild Bore was spot on with the Oscar predictions last month. So to celebrate, I'm going to go through each one and say which ones I got right. It's going to be The Wild Brag today. It also proves it wasn't such a 'Shock' Oscar night as everyone is saying. The Wild Bore got you in there first. Have a look to see who won and all that.

Actor In A Leading Role
Jeff Bridges
Correct!

Actor In A Supporting Role
Christoph Waltz
Correct!
I was also correct that this would probably be the only thing Inglorious Basterds won all night.

Actress In A Leading Role
Sandra Bullock
Correct!
Actress In A Supporting Role
Mo'Nique
Correct!

Well, all the acting ones were spot on. But that's not all of it.

Animated Feature Film
Fantastic Mr Fox
Wrong
Typically, Pixar's Up won. I thought they might do an outside choice here as Wes Anderson is an actual film-maker, but oh well!

Art Direction
Avatar
Correct!

Cinematography
The White Ribbon
Wrong
Avatar won this category, and probably rightly so seeing as I'd think the Academy had to keep Cameron happy enough as Hurt Locker won all the big awards.

Costume Design
The Young Victoria
Correct

Directing
The Hurt Locker
Correct

Documentary Feature
Food Inc
Wrong
The Cove won this category, I hadn't seen any of them so ... yeah.

Documentary Short
China's Unnatural Disaster
Wrong
Music By Prudence won, it had something about a girl in a wheelchair I think? Should have known.

Film Editing
District 9
Wrong
The Hurt Locker picked up another one. I'm surprised it did so well as apparently one of the producers was campaigning a bit too hard for the film and against Avatar. Made quite a few people unhappy ...

Foreign Language Film
Un Prophete
Wrong
Instead El Secrete De Sus Ojos got the award. Fairly won? Someone tell me because I haven't seen it.

Make-Up
Star Trek
Correct

Music (Original Score)
Up
Correct

Music (Original Song)
The Weary Kind
Correct

Best Picture
The Hurt Locker
Correct

Short Film (Animated)
A Matter of Loaf and Death
Wrong
Logorama got the honours for this. Anyone seen it?

Short Film (Live Action)
The Door
Wrong
The New Tenants got it. Fine.

Sound Editing
Up
Wrong
Instead the clean-up Hurt Locker swept up another one.

Sound Mixing
The Hurt Locker
Correct

Visual Effects
Avatar
Correct

Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
Precious
Correct

Writing (Original Screenplay)
A Serious Man
Wrong
The Hurt Locker picked up this one!

Well, as I predicted, Hurt Locker would do well, but I didn't think it would do that well. I got all the big ones right so all feel free to bow down. I didn't watch the actual ceremony but I'm sure I'll hear a lot about it as the days carry on, but if you did feel free to comment beneath, I'd be interested in what people have to say. Did Hurt Locker deserve all the praise?

2 comments:

  1. I think I might have to watch the Hurt Locker again. I liked it and thought it was pretty good, but I wasn't 'blown away' by it (that's a pun about bombs).

    Anyway, I guess I would have had to pick another winner and I'm not sure I'd want to. This year the Oscars weren't that good. Apart from being a spectacle (like fireworks), I even thought Avatar was a bit rubbish (and, like fireworks, easily forgotten about when it's over).

    Maybe I'm just bitter because it cost me nearly £11 to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D last night. I would rather have had a pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have done both?
    Yeah I did really like The Hurt Locker and think the underdog story did it a lot of justice. But movie-wise, last year was pretty poor all round.

    ReplyDelete