Thursday 20 January 2011

NEWS: Batman Actors Announced!

Anne Hathaway is Catwoman! Tom Hardy is Bane!

I don't know what people think about this but I'm a little unsure of Hathaway as Catwoman. I appreciate she's turned out some good roles, but Nolan's Batman films are pretty dark and I'm not sure if I can disassociate her with her past roles. Rachel Getting Married, Brokeback Mountain and all that might prove she can act, but I'm still left to be convinced. I'm not shooting her down, I'll just be wary until I see a bit more, but then I do trust Nolan.

Tom Hardy as Bane means that he will have to be proper beefed up because Bane was bloody massive. I can't wait to see what he brings to the role!

BELOW IS SPOILER FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT AWARE OF BATMAN COMIC STORYLINE INVOLVING BANE. DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW A POSSIBLE PLOTLINE! PURE SPECULATION THOUGH!

What Bane is really renowned for though is killing Batman by breaking his back. I think he went on to kill Superman or something as well, I can't remember but this could possibly prove an end to Nolan's Batman series if it does indeed end with Batman's death! I'm sure in the comics he came back, but I've no idea how - and at this junction don't really want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment